Thursday, September 30, 2010

Margie E. Hughes: Sep 1, 1921 to Aug 2, 2010


Margie Eilene Hughes, 88, of 51024 Chamberlain Street died at 12:45 pm Monday August 2, 2010 at her residence.

She was born September 1, 1921, in Negley, a daughter of the late Norman and Mable (French) Gorby and had resided in Negley her entire life.

Her husband, Ernest Walter Hughes, whom she married October 22, 1947, preceded her in death on May 26, 1991. She is also preceded in death by a daughter; Carol Ann Starkey; two brothers Festus and William "Bill" Gorby; and three sisters, Vera Niel, Jean Riley and Ruth Hughes.

She is survived by three sons, C. Richard Hostetter Jr., Dale, Texas, Roger A. Hughes, Columbus, Ohio and Robert L. Hughes, Pataskala, Ohio; four daughters, Judy Ferris, East Palestine, Ohio, Patricia Chaffin, Ohio, Mary Ellen Reidy and Suzanne Halverstadt, all of Negley, Ohio; a brother Donald E. Gorby, Negley, Ohio; a sister, Geraldine Kegarise, Allentown, PA., 24 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; and 21 great-great-grandchildren.

Services were held at 10 am Thursday, August 5, 2010 at the Oliver-Linsley Funeral Home, East Palestine, with Rev. Dennis Devorick of the Negley United Methodist Church officiating.

Burial was private, held at Crest Haven Memorial Gardens, New Waterford.Friends were recieved from 7 pm to 9 pm on Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at the funeral home.

Here's a poem I wrote for you Gramma,

Thank you for the gift of love,
now you're sharing from it up above.

You always knew just what to say,
you always said it in a caring way.

With a kind smile, you always saw the good in everyone;
you looked past it, no matter what they've done.

Your support gave me the strength to be me,
I hope the world can see, a little bit of you in me.

You were always there for us to lean on;
I know it must have felt like a ton.

You lived your life so full of zest,
But now we must let you rest.

It’s clear your place in heaven must have a good view.
I can hear you telling God, I need to keep an eye on a few.

You will always be in my heart and mind,
because Grandma, you’re one of a kind.

We’ll have no more stories to share,
But I know you’ll always be there.

Between us there will be no goodbyes,
Because you’ll be there when I close my eyes.

Oh and Gramma, just one more thing,
I’ll see ya later and thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment